We at Solid Cell believe that the energy infrastructure of the twenty first century must address both demand for reliable, inexpensive energy and the need to protect the planet’s fragile ecology. There are no perfect answers or solutions to this dilemma, with as many opinions as there are technologies. What is clear, however, is that the means by which we harnessed and satisfied the global energy needs in the previous century are not adequate to provide for sustainable growth.
Solid Cell will be part of the solution. Our solid-oxide fuel cell technology addresses both the economic and environmental aspects of energy demand. We strive to reduce both the cost of energy and the environmental footprint of energy generation.
Widespread use of Solid Cell’s technology will reduce the environmental footprint of energy generation by:
- Reduction of CO2 emissions, that have been linked to global warming
- Elimination of CO emissions, a toxic gas that is deadly to humans and animals
- Elimination of NOx emissions, a source of harmful ground-level ozone and acid rain
- Elimination of SOx emission, a source of acid rain
- Reduction of demand for fossil fuels, mining of which threatens ecosystems and ground water supplies
- Reduction in electricity transmission infrastructure, construction of which destroys ecosystems